What’s in your mouth?
Dental amalgam fillings, or restorations contain roughly 50% mercury. Mercury from amalgam fillings can be released into the body during placement, replacement and removal of the fillings as well as during brushing, cleaning, teeth clenching and chewing.
Most exposure to mercury happens during filling’s placement when mercury is released in a form of vapor or gas. This gas solidifies the filling. After the filling is in place, other components and metals are there and being released into the body.
How to remove silver fillings?
There is a process for amalgam removal developed by IAOMT, International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, a leading authority on safe dentistry. Based on extensive body of research, IAOMT developed safety protocol for removal of silver fillings.
This protocol, also known as Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART), consists of several important safety steps such as:
Charcoal, chlorella or similar absorbent for the patient to rinse and swallow before and after the procedure.
Protective gowns and head coverings for a patient, dentist and dental personnel.
Special tools such as masks, teeth dams and suction devices to reduce mercury exposure.
Room ventilation and proper mercury waste disposal equipment.
What’s Dr. Rossinski’s approach?
Dr.Rossinski works with each patient on individual basis. She recommends amalgam removal for patients that have special sensitivity, autoimmune disorders, or for patients who worry about having amalgam fillings in the mouth.
If patients are interested in removing amalgams, Dr. Rossinski recommends conducting some tests to determine sensitivity to mercury and other metal filling’s components.
After amalgams removal, Dr. Rossinski would suggest a medically supervised detox and possibly other options like vitamin C drip to get antioxidants into the blood to help with detox.
These treatments are done by medical personnel with extensive experience in this matter.